About Empire Hacking
Since we started the meetup in May 2015, we’ve been thrilled by the community that it has attracted. We’ve had some excellent presentations, shared our aspirations and annoyances with our work, and made some new friends.
Empire Hacking has been successful because it is:
- Technical. We bridge the gap between weekend projects and funded research. There are no product pitches here. Come prepared with your best ideas.
- Exclusive. Talks are by invitation-only and are under Chatham House Rule. We will discuss ongoing research and internal projects you won’t hear about anywhere else.
- Engaging. Talk about subjects you find interesting, face to face, with a community of experts from across the industry.
Speak at a Meetup
Want to speak at a meetup? Send us a short abstract. We’re particularly interested in software security, cryptography, and new tools, as well as emerging security issues in law, policy, and journalism.
- Each meetup has two 30-minute speaking slots: 6:30 and 7:15pm
- Speakers are offered a private dry-run with the engineers at Trail of Bits
- Speakers receive a video recording of their talk (if you’d like it to be recorded)
- Speakers receive a framed print of the Empire Hacking logo as a thank you
Host a Meetup
Hosts can pitch their company at the start of the meetup, are listed on our sponsors page, and receive a framed print of our logo as a thank you. Contact us if you’re interested in hosting a meetup.
Ideal hosts have:
- Availability from 5:30 to 8:30pm on the day of the meetup
- Ability to comfortably fit around 75 attendees in a quiet space
- Access to a projector and screen
- Ability to serve drinks and food
- Close to the subway in Manhattan or Brooklyn
- Sound system (mics and speakers) not required, but appreciated
Join us on Slack
We created a Slack organization for our members. That’s where we discuss meetups, the latest security news, and our open-source projects. Everyone is welcome. Join through our auto-inviter.